The DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities offers several funding programs for individuals and nonprofit organizations located in the District of Columbia. Individuals are not required to provide matching funds. Organizations are only required to provide matching funds as indicated.
DCCAH utilizes an online grant application website called Zoom Grants. All applicants MUST SUBMIT the application online via Zoom Grants by 6:00PM on the deadline date. DCCAH will not accept mailed, emailed or hand-delivered copies of grant applications. Late applications will not be accepted.
Grant Application Procedure
1. Download the Classification Sheet on the DCCAH website. For each of the five (5) classification categories, select one classification that best describes the applicant and the grant request(s):
a) Institution Type;
b) Applicant Discipline;
c) Project Discipline;
d) Artist Type;
e) and Type of Activity.
2. Review the FY13 Guide to Grants and the grant guidelines thoroughly and determine eligibility of the applicant, project and project activities;
4. Once fully registered, select the desired grant program(s) and complete the application questions and budget/budget narrative data;
5. Upload all required documents and supplementary material;
6. Upload the required work sample. Please note that work samples must speak to the artistic content of the applicant as it relates to the grant request;
7. Submit the application by 6:00pm on the grant program’s deadline date;
For technical assistance, contact Zoom Grants toll free at 866-323-5404.
The application process is competitive and subject to the availability of funds. Applicants may not request or receive funding for the same project activities through more than one Commission grant program or grant category.
Applicants are fully responsible for the content of their application packages. An automated confirmation of an application’s submission does not guarantee an application’s eligibility nor recommendation for funding by the Advisory Review Panel. DCCAH staff cannot make corrections to applications on behalf of applicants nor can Zoom Grants’ staff. DCCAH staff will review applications for completeness and contact applicants for any missing documents within 5 business days of the deadline. Applicants are responsible for adding missing documents within 5 business days of DCCAH’s notification. Incomplete applications may not be forwarded to the Advisory Review Panel for review.
We are also posting weekly Grant Application Tips on our ART202 blog to better serve first-time and former grant applicants. Please email the grant program manager your questions and check back every Monday to see the latest tips.